Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Spectacle Clouds


Image caption from the photographer: "I took these images from my rooftop after my wife and I saw this storm coming up. I could see that the cloud was beginning to twist into a tornado with a rainbow underneath it....how weird is that?! It was 8pm with the sun setting which made the color of everything on the yellow/orange side.

It was sunny all day until we heard thunder. This storm was moving away from me otherwise my wife might have yelled me down from the roof. The neighbours were out watching too. It was quite the spectacle. The result of this storm is that it faded away into cloud patterns but not before dumping golf-ball sized hail on farms 3 miles out of town. There was major damage to cars, trucks, roofs with a few horses being spooked!"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_kav/6047421895/




No comments:

Powered By Blogger